I am so close but still so far from being done with my classes. Close because in less than 3 weeks from now I will be completely done, but far because I have about 12 papers to write between now and then. Thats the thing about taking 12 units online, you seriously just write papers and more papers. I hate papers! It wouldn't be so bad except that I am working all day now and then the last thing I want to do when I come home is write papers. This week I have been an awful student and have procrastinated my 4 papers into the weekend. That means that I will be doing homework all Saturday and Sunday. Why do I always do that? Oh well, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and just need to get through it. At least its not like I'll be missing anything exciting this weekend; Jake is in Alabama and my one friend that I like to do things with is visiting with her husband this weekend (who has also been gone at training).
The reason I say "my one friend" is because this week two of my good friends left for their new bases and now I really only have one girl left here that I can hang out with and talk to. My friend Angela, who I met before coming to Columbus, left for McConnell AFB in Kansas and my friends Sarah and John, who Jake and I knew from LA, left for Travis AFB in California. It was ironic that the both left Wednesday morning. Thats the thing about making friends in the AF; you always have to say goodbye before you want to. I am happy for them though because they are moving on to new and exciting things in their lives. Thankfully my friend that is still here, Allison, is going to be here the whole time that we are here for training because her husband is in Jake's class. I'm looking forward to having some fun times with her this year and getting to know her better. I also have a friend that I know from Biola, Patty, moving out here to Columbus this August with her husband and I am beyond excited for her to get here! It will be great to have someone here that I already know and can spend time with.
Another thing worth mentioning about this week was the weather; yesterday was the scariest weather I have ever seen! It started off like any normal rainy day but at about 2pm a black sheet of clouds moved across the sky and at the same time all the tornado sirens started going off around town (I was in my office at this time). Then lightening and thunder were all of a sudden everywhere in the sky. I went outside to move my car under a cover and it was so creepy. It was completely dark at 2 in the afternoon and it was stormy but at the same time it was muggy and about 80 degrees which was strange. All of that paired with the awful sirens going off gave me chills as I felt like I was in some horrible movie. After this weather came the cold, wind, hard rain, and even harder hail and it continued for most of the day. I never actually saw a tornado come our way but there must have been a pretty good chance of one for the sirens to be going off the way they were. The worst part was that I was the only one in my office that was freaking out about the whole situation because everyone has always lived in the south and this crazy weather is apparently a regular occurrence here. I don't think I will ever get used to it!
Poor Bailey was home alone during all this crazy weather while I was at work and was probably so scared! I absolutely hate having to leave her alone for so long while I'm at work. I know she is a dog but she is really my best friend I have with me right now and is the best company. I feel so sad that she has to be by herself all day and when I am work I actually really miss her. Most of the time she gets to stay outside and play in her fence, which she really likes, but when the weather is weird, like yesterday, I have to keep her locked up in the house and she hates that. No matter what though she is always so extremely excited to see me when I get home and that is much better than coming home to an empty house.
Something good about this week is that I am almost done decorating the house (well, just the living room actually). When we first got here, I just put decorations up temporarily until we could afford some nicer things for the house that I really liked. Now that I have been working, I have been able to spend some money on making the house look just how I want it to. On top of that I found this AMAZING thrift store (seriously, amazing!) and have bought so much there. Its not a second-hand thrift store but rather new things that are either overstock from a company or slightly damaged, but all this is at the same prices as like a salvation army store. Anyways, I bought a bunch of stuff for ridiculously cheap prices and now our living room looks so much better! I will post a picture soon when I am completely finished with it. My next project is finishing Jake's office before he gets back from training. If I can finish my homework quickly, maybe I'll start on that this weekend.
On a final note, one of my best friends from home, Becca, brought her beautiful baby Audrie into the world yesterday. As far as I know, the birth went smoothly and the baby is very healthy. I just can't wait to see them both when I come home next month. I'm sure baby Audrie is so beautiful and I can't wait to spoil her a little bit. Congrats Becca!! I love you and miss you!
Anyways, those are my updates. Hope everyone is doing great! I miss you all SO much!!
1 comments:
Linsay,
Thanks for posting so much and giving me the real look into my future! I cringe at the thought of being away from Randy for so long :(. I can't wait to get out there with you and I am so glad we get to leave sooner! You will have to be my tour guide to everything. I am still praying for you and I will pray for your motivation in school (because I know exactly how that feels!!!!) See you at graduation!! :-) Oh and I feel so special that you are as excited as I am to be there together in MI.
Post a Comment