Sunday never fails to bring a fresh new week.

- - - - Sunday, April 12, 2009 - - - -

I really should be doing homework right now but I would rather blog instead :) First I just want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you who posted a reply to my last post. Seriously, your words encouraged me so much! I was really just having a lonely day and the best way for me to deal with it was to write about it. I know that I will begin to feel at home here and make friends, but as both Sarah and Angela pointed out from personal experience, it just takes some time.

After an amazing 3-day weekend of rest, I am back to my optimistic self and ready for a new week. Plus I had the most wonderful weekend! Jake came home on Friday and it wasn't until he walked through the door that I even realized how much I had missed him. We were only apart for 2 weeks but it felt like forever! When he got back he was starving so we went over to the bowling alley to get some food and just hang out for a while. It was so funny because we were both so nervous and excited to be around eachother again that it was almost like we were dating again haha! It was wonderful :) All of Friday night and Saturday we were just able to hang out with eachother. We watched movies, went on walks, and really just enjoyed being together again. When we are apart I don't think I fully realize that he is my best friend and really my other half and that I am not truly me without him with me. I know I am being cheesy but its true! It was great to be with him on Easter Sunday and just have him around the house.

Unfortunately the weekend flew by and he is now back in Alabama for 4 more weeks of training. Me and Bailey are getting back to our new norm of a quiet house and am back to working for hours straight on my homework. There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel though! If I can stay on top of my work, I will officially be done with college one week from now!! WOOO!! After that, I can come home from work and do whatever I want! I can actually go to the gym and watch movies, keep up with the housework, and get a full nights sleep. I still have 4 papers to write between now and then (one of them being a ridiculously long research paper) but I am so motivated to power through and be DONE!

Well, I really need to get started on those last papers and try to knock one out tonight. Tomorrow, its back to work and life as usual. It was so wonderful to have such a refreshing weekend and to be able to spend it with my amazing husband! Thanks again to all of you who have read my blog and been so wonderful to me in this hard time of transition.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for a great weekend! Thanks Lindsay for joining my blog. Because I don't have a ton of school work I thought I would get a jump start. Actually it has been really great to sit and write (sometimes vent). I am trying to enjoy time here in La but I can't help but get over there already! I hardly get to see Charlie and it would just be great to be in a house with Randy and him. Thanks for the encouragement about my crazy senioritis! Hang in there as well we are soo close to being done!

Post a Comment