Now for the two weird things about my weekend.
#1: I got some ridiculous bug bite that is the most awful thing ever! When I first noticed it on my ankle Friday, I thought it was just a mosquito bite because it itched really bad and was kind of red, but now I have no clue what it is. Over the weekend it swelled up so bad that there was no longer any definition between my foot and ankle; it was just a big swollen mess. And it not only itched but it hurt like a bruise! In my mind I saw myself showing up to work on Monday on crutches (thats how bad it was!). I was really worried about it all weekend but it seems to be slowly going down a bit as of today. Then to my surprise, I woke up this morning with the same thing on my wrist!! I have no idea what is getting me but it seriously is like a huge swollen bump that feels like an awful bruise. The weird part is that there is no visible bite mark like there usually is with bug bites. Anyone have any ideas of what could be getting me? Stupid southern bugs...
#2: When I got home last night, I got serious cold shoulder treatment from my dog Bailey. This weekend we had her stay in our yard while I was gone instead of putting her in a kennel because the weather was so nice. Some friends of ours came over and fed her twice a day and took her on walks over to the park with their dog. She got plenty of love from them and got to stay in her comfy yard with her bed and her toys instead of being stuck in a horrible kennel all weekend. I thought she would be happy. Well, when I first got home she was ridiculously happy to see me, jumping all around and barking with excitement, but that changed pretty quick. She was mad at me all night! She even gave me a mean glare and then ran over and peed on the rug (which she hasn't done in probably 2 months!) She didn't want me to hold her and she wouldn't follow me around the house like she usually does. That was the first time I have ever left her since I got her at Christmas so I really think she was mad at me and giving me a dog's version of the "silent treatment". Maybe she thought I abandoned her or something. This morning she seemed to be over it thankfully but I seriously didn't know that she even realized I had been gone that long. Anyways, she was mad at me last night and I was not too thrilled with her either. Hopefully tonight will go better!
One last update before I go: I finished painting our bedroom! It looks wonderful thanks to the people at the Sherwin-Williams paint store (they helped me for like an hour when I couldn't choose between two colors that probably looked almost identical...ha!). Its kind of an olive green color but it is just pretty and relaxing and our room looks a million times better! AND I still have half the paint left! I think I am going to paint the kitchen now too :) I know I am paint crazy but it just makes everything look so much better and why waste perfectly good paint!
Okay I lied, I have another update before I go. You know that Jake and I fenced in our backyard a while ago for Bailey right? Well the people that do the yard work for our housing community will not mow inside any fenced area so now we are responsible for keeping that looking tidy. For a while it wasn't a problem because the grass didn't grow much because of the cold weather we were having. In fact, when Jake came home 2 weeks ago he was planning on cutting it but it wasn't even long enough. To be honest, I haven't really even had time to notice that recently our grass has grown excessively tall; I mean, half way up my legs tall...its ridiculous. Turns out that the housing people noticed this too and left me a friendly little note saying that if it was not cut by Wednesday we would be fined. Ugh! We didn't want to buy a lawnmower because our yard is so small so we decided just to use an edger to cut the grass. We lucked out that when our friends John and Sarah left for their new base, because they left us their old one. So here I am; I have the tool to cut the grass but have no idea how to use it and have no motivation to be out there in the 90 degree weather after a long day at work. I am just going to have to get over it and figure it out! Anyways, thats the fun I have waiting for me after work today. Wish me luck...
1 comments:
Sad to hear about the bug bite!! I am glad that you got to see Jake and I am sure that was wonderful! Post up pictures of your room I would love to see the color :-)
Post a Comment