Spring cleaning is my first order of business, which I plan to start tonight. I know that we just moved in a few months ago but its amazing how much clutter can accumulate over such a short time. Everything has somehow gotten so disorganized around the house and its been driving me nuts! Time to get everything back in order!
Lately, I've also been really into decorating the house. Since I've started to work we have had some extra money and Jake has been letting me spend it to fix up the house some more. I've always liked to decorate but have never had much luck with it turning out the way I wanted it to. I think now I'm finally starting to find my "style" and buying bits and pieces to make everything look nicer. I've also had a random motivation this week to paint. Seriously, I just want to paint all the rooms in the house. I know we will only be here for a year and a half but I still think it might be worth it. We painted the living room and it has made such a difference. I am contemplating painting the bedroom now. Maybe a bluish grey? Not sure though, give me ideas if you've got any. Anyways, I can proudly say that our house looks much different from when we first moved in and I still have so many great ideas that I want to do!
The yard on the other hand is my biggest disappointment and frustration. On base here its kind of luck of the draw when you get a house assigned and whether or not the person who lived there before you took time to make their yard look nice. I would say that most people's look pretty decent. Jake and I have come to the conclusion that our front yard is probably in the bottom 25% of the yards (for being the ugliest). It is the only one on our street that has no pretty bushes or flowers in bloom. It also has a big spot where no grass grows. Its hard when I go on walks to see these beautiful gardens around base and mine is awful. I have decided that I am going to do something about it! The problem is that I have never ever gardened before and have no clue even where to start. I am going to try and weed the flowerbeds this weekend and then put some fresh mulch over everything, oh and also trim the big ugly monster bush in front of our kitchen window. I figure thats a pretty good start. Next week I'm going to attempt to plant some flowers and maybe a small tree or bush. Thankfully, the base is giving us some free vouchers to go buy some plants at the nearby nursery. I'm still thinking that this will be easier said than done. I also don't want to get too carried away with the flowers because I will be gone for 2 months and they are just going to die anyways. All I know is that something needs to be done to that poor yard! I'm not worried about the backyard at all; thats Bailey's domain :) We never like to hang out outside anyways because of the bugs and we have no patio furniture so I figure Bailey can just do whatever she wants to that back area (digging holes and all!). No one can see it from the street anyways.
Well there you have it. Am I getting in over my head here with all this? I sure hope not. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
4 comments:
well it was lovely reading your blogs! i was drawn to this particular one. i too am in the mood for some spring cleaning! things get cluttered so easily? i am dying to do some gardening, give the yard a fresh look, but i too, have no clue how to garden! it sounds like you are slowly getting to turn your house into a home, and that is so exciting :)
Hey Lindsey thanks for the encouragement on my last blog :-) I really like being able to keep in touch this way. I am so excited about all of your decorating motivation! Post some pictures :-). I also like your idea for the color of your bedroom I think it would look great int here.
As for the spring cleaning I am feeling the same way. I am so ready to throw some things out!! Good luck with your gardening :-) I hope your flowers turn out very prretty!
Oh my goodness you are turning into quite the superwife aren't you? :) I wish I could be as motivated as you are. I guess we'll see how it goes once we are in our own place. Good luck with the planting. Let me know how it goes. I am the furthest thing from having a green thumb and Dom wants flowers eventually so I will be needing some advice. :) Love you!
I'm so proud of you once again. And once again I'm so blessed to have you as my daughter. Gardening, cleaning, decorating, dog-walking, full time work, and finally all the school work you finished!! You either make me want to get out there and do more, or take a nap because I get exhausted just hearing about all you're doing.
I'm so excited to have both my girls home for part of the summer. I hope I don't smother you guys too much.
Love ya lots, mom
Post a Comment