Waiting eagerly for friday.

- - - - Thursday, April 23, 2009 - - - -

Sorry I haven't updated yet this week. I have been busy busy busy! (with good stuff though, not homework). I know you have just been dying to know how my weekend turned out with the housework haha.

First lets talk about the garden. For someone who has never had experience with gardening, I think I did a pretty great job. The front of our house is completely transformed! I planted a Japanese maple tree (which will grow pretty tall hopefully), 2 flowerwood plants (which are green leafy plants that bloom pink and white flowers mid summer), a red rose bush, and a bunch of random little pretty flowers in front. I also got a gorgeous potted plant with bright orange/red flowers to go right by my front door. Hopefully, if I planted everything right, it should all be noticeably growing within a week or two.  I plan to post some pictures but I want to wait until I have some roses to show off :) I also still need to replant some hedges to fill in the gaps in our current hedges and buy a nice, bright colored flower wreath to hang on our door. Then it will be complete!

The spring cleaning went well but it was definitely not as productive as the gardening. Being that its the least fun job, I am doing it little by little and hopefully will do some more in the next few days and weeks. As for the paint, I'm still deciding on a color for the bedroom. I bought a sample of the blue color that I was thinking of but when I put it on the wall  it just didn't look how I imagined it. I think I will be going for more of a light sage green now and see how that looks.

I also finished my last paper this last weekend (which seemed to take forever to finish!) so now I am done with my school work...Hallelujah! Although I feel like lately I have been just as busy at night and somehow have more than enough stuff to occupy what I thought would be a lot of free time. I absolutely cherish the time from when I get home from work until I go to bed but it always seems to fly by too fast.

It seems funny to write about this but I am excited to say that I have finally found a new girl  friend out here! Jake and I met her and her husband kind of randomly when we were walking our dogs a while ago and thought they were really nice but we never really saw them much after that. Well, it turns out that her husband and Jake are in the same training right now out in Alabama and have become pretty good friends. Us wives thought we should do something too and so we decided to get together on Tuesday for dinner and a movie. I ended up staying at her house for like 5 hours just talking and hanging out and it was a lot of fun. I definitely needed girl time with someone who was easy to talk to. We both like the same things like shopping, decorating, scrap-booking, watching reality tv shows (haha) and we just seemed to have a lot in common and lots to talk about. Plus she just started working on her masters degree and she is working so we both have busy schedules. Yesterday we went on a walk with our dogs and played with them in the park and it was a lot of fun. Anyways, it is giving me hope that there actually are some more girls out here for me to hang out with.

As for now I am waiting impatiently for Friday and I have been all week because that is when I get to see my hubby! I have decided to drive out to Alabama this weekend to see Jake for a few days now that all my schoolwork is done and I don't have much else that I have to do. It will be great to see him and where he has been living for the past month and also meet all his new friends out there. Bailey is going to hang here in Mississippi for the weekend with some friends of ours. It will be a quick trip for me because I won't get there until late tomorrow night and will be coming home on Sunday evening to get back to work but it will be so worth it to see Jake!

Well thats about all the news I have right now. I will write again when I get back and tell you all  about my trip!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you found a friend! How exciting! Have fun seeing Jake :-)

Post a Comment