Bye, bye hubby.

- - - - Monday, March 30, 2009 - - - -

Well Jake left yesterday morning for training. I wish I could say that I was really strong about it but I cried like a little baby. For me, the hardest part is right when he actually leaves and we have to say goodbye. I absolutely hate when he is gone! Usually at work I just look forward to coming home and hanging out with him. He really is my best friend and we have fun doing just about anything (or nothing at all) but now I just come home to Bailey and homework. On that note though, I am so thankful to have Bailey. Yesterday she comforted me and snuggled on the couch with me when I was missing Jake. We go on walks and take naps together and she is so wonderful to have around. I even find myself talking to her sometimes...that's weird right? 

Anyways, this training time for Jake won't be too bad and I think he is going to try to come home for Easter weekend in 2 weeks which would be so wonderful! Basically he is gone for 6 weeks in Alabama and then back for 2 weeks and then we are apart again for 8 weeks while he is in Colorado and I am in California. I am definitely being introduced to the downside of the military. I know that I am independent and perfectly capable of being okay on my own but I still feel like a part of me is missing when he is gone. These next few months will be the longest time we have ever been apart :( Oh well, at least I am keeping busy.

Jake seems to be doing just fine with being apart. I am a believer in the saying that it is easier to be the one leaving then the who to be left. He is enjoying a change in his daily schedule and being out of Columbus for some time. Its good that he is busy because I know he has been so bored lately waiting for training to start. He has also had a rough month in that 2 of his grandparents passed away. Please keep his family in your prayers as this is a hard time for all of them. 

Well theres my updates for this gloomy Monday. The weekend went by too fast!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment