Monday morning blues.

- - - - Monday, March 23, 2009 - - - -

Wow! What a wonderful weekend. Not that anything particularly exciting happened but I just have never valued weekends so much. See, this is the first time I have ever had a typical 8-5, Mon-Fri job and so I'm beginning to see why Friday afternoons are so exciting and why Monday mornings are so gloomy. Its not that I don't like my job or anything but weekends are fun. Its nice that having a job makes me appreciate the time I do get to spend at home with Jake or with friends. 

Although I am getting sad already that this will be my last week with Jake for a long long time. He is gone in Alabama from March 29 to May 8 and then comes home for 2 weeks. Then we will be apart again for 2 months (June and July) while he is in Colorado for his initial flight school. I know I am supposed to get used to this, being that we are in the military but it is so hard. I hope that we can find a weekend or two during his first training while he is close in a Alabama for me to come visit or for him to come home. Oh gosh, I just hate thinking about how hard it is going to be to be apart...

As for this weekend, we had a lot of fun. Jake and I went to assignment not on base which is like a big party where the current class who is finishing training gets their next assignments. Our neighbors were getting their assignments and both got their first choices! Very exciting! One will be heading to McChord (near Seattle) and the other is headed to McQuire in New Jersey. Both are great bases so we are very excited for them. It is sad though that two of our closest friends will be leaving in just about a month. Anyways, Friday night Jake and I went out to this great restaurant for dinner and relaxed with a movie. Saturday was filled with lots of spring cleaning. Our house was in desperate need of some deep cleaning so Jake and I just turned on some loud music and cleaned away! It felt great afterwards to have such a clean and nice house. After that I settled in for an exciting night of homework (woo!). Yesterday we went to sunday school and church and went out to lunch with our sunday school group. I always look forward to going out to lunch with everyone after church on sundays. I really love our church group! Yesterday afternoon Jake and I were invited to a BBQ at a house right around the corner. The nice thing about living on base is that everyone can walk to eachother's houses. The weather was great for the BBQ (it was mid 70's) so we just ate lots of food and played outdoor games. There was about 15 of us there, most of whom are either going to be in Jake's training class or in the one right before his. It was nice to hang out with a big group of people that are in the same position as us, having just got here and waiting for training to start. Everyone was so nice and it made me realize how much fun we are going to have with these people over the next few years. Sunday night, I did another 4 hours of homework and tried to get to bed at a decent hour.

This leads me into the Monday morning blues. Waking up at 6:30 after sleeping in all weekend is no fun at all and even coffee did not seem to help this morning. All in all though it has been a good morning and I'm excited for a brand new week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always great to read and update :-). I will be keeping you in my prayers for when Jake has to leave.

Post a Comment