Today I am thankful for change. Without change, I get bored and too comfortable. I am someone who needs challenges and adventures.
I am thankful that God knew this about me and gave me a husband like Jake, who also does well with change, and has a career that allows us to move and travel and change. Being an AF spouse, I always know that there is a drastic change for me around the corner. Example: We've only been in Mississippi less than a year but I know that at this time next year we will be living somewhere new, somewhere different, somewhere completely unknown to me until July 30th, 2010 (Jake's assignment night).
I really do love change. I love constantly re-evaluating who I am and who I want to be. I am thankful for change in my marriage. It keeps things exciting and new. It makes me look forward to the future; to know that in 10, 20, 50 years Jake and I will be very different, changed, people from who we are today, but we will have gotten there together. Yes, some change is bad and most change is hard, but that is when you face reality and grow as a person and as a family.
0 comments:
Post a Comment