This past weekend we had two of our best friends, Cassie and Andrew, come out to visit (Ref: House guests) and we had such a great time! On Friday, Jake gave us a tour of his squadron and showed us everything from the flight room to G-suits. It was really cool because I had never even seen most of the stuff he showed us. Now I can actually visualize what Jake does all day. We even got to see the T-6 simulators and sit in them!
On Saturday we went to Tupelo, MS and did some fun shopping (and of course made a stop at Chick-fil-a!). We found out that Elvis Presley was born in Tupelo so we decided to go see his birthplace.
While most people were very serious about the tour of the historical site, we had some fun with it.
The guys even showed little Elvis how to use an iPhone.
Our original plans to go to Six Flags over the weekend were sadly canceled by the bad storms that have been hitting the South. In the end, we were all thankful not to have gone to Atlanta and enjoyed a lot of time to relax and catch up. We also got to spend some time with Jake's UPT class over the weekend and were able to show Cassie and Andrew what life is really like here in Columbus. We ended the trip with lunch at one of my favorite restuarants, Santa Fe, where we of course took a picture on the bull.
Those are the highlights from our wonderful weekend. I am so thankful that they took the time and money to come visit us. I think we showed them a good Mississippi time! To view all of the pictures from their trip, click here.





2 comments:
cute Pics. I love em! Thanks for posting.
love, mama
Lindsay!!! It was so worth it to go see you guys!!
Cass
Post a Comment