I can't believe that this long year of pilot training has pretty much come to an end. As of today Jake only has six flights left!! Here's a reminder of the plane that Jake is currently flying - the T-1 (the AF trainer for cargo and tanker aircrafts)...
Unless you've seen it first hand, its really hard to even imagine what these guys have gone through to get to this point in the UPT program. They've done well over 100 flights (including navigation, formation, air refueling, low levels, etc), several checkrides, weekly tests and stand-ups, and of course all the "behind the scenes" study work that goes into each of those things just listed.
And speaking of checkrides, can I just take a second to brag? My hubby has worked so hard; he has a focus and drive to achieve his goals like nobody I've ever known. He studied his face off for both of his T-1 checkrides and I'm so happy that all of his efforts were rewarded - he got an E3 on BOTH of his checkrides! (For those of you not in the UPT world, that is an amazing score...) And on top of all his hard work, Jake never complains. When he gets thrown into random flights or double-turns multiple days in a row or gets told he has to fly over his entire weekend, he just sucks it up and does it - and does it well, might I add.
Can you tell I'm a proud wife? Oh yeah, I'm proud alright, and I know that August 13th (Jake's graduation) will be such a huge day for him. I seriously can't wait to see his wings pinned on. But before we can get there we have one more HUGE thing - something that makes my stomach knot up just thinking about it - Assignment Night (dun dun dun...) July 30th is coming up fast and while I am ready, I'm not sure I'm really ready! haha. For those of you not in this situation, just imagine the anxiety of a day where you find out where you will be living for the next 4 years, knowing that whatever location pops up on that slide by your name is where you will be going - no ifs, ands, or buts - and you have zero control over it. Yeah. It's scary and exciting and oh-my-goodness its next Friday!!!
I mentioned that we were supposed to get our "drop" on Friday... well it didn't come (no surprise there... Air Force...). We should hopefully be getting it on Wednesday but definitely by Friday. The drop is essentially the list of all the locations and planes that are available for us to get on our assignment night (basically if something is not on the list, there's a very little chance of getting it). Once we get the drop, everyone will fill out their dream sheet, listing those planes and locations in the order they most want. Getting the drop is huge because we can literally look at the list and say... "one of the assignments is going to be ours". It can really narrow our options.
I'm so excited to see what everyone ends up getting. Where will all my friends end up?? Most likely we'll all be scattered across the globe. The guys and the wives of class 10-13 have become like family to me and I'm hoping to see everyone end up with great assignments. 12 more days and we will know!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment