24 hours from now...

- - - - Thursday, July 29, 2010 - - - -

...we'll be getting our new assignment! I can hardly believe its really almost here. The anticipation has been almost unbearable. Thank goodness this has a been a really busy and fun week which has helped a little to keep my mind off it. Tuesday was my birthday and I have now reached the ripe ol' age of 23 ;) It was a really nice day and I felt pretty spoiled by the end of it. Jake had a beautiful bouquet of flowers sent to my office which was the best surprise ever and then I had a fun birthday dinner out with my friends (Jake had to fly that night so we celebrated my birthday dinner together last night instead. Hey, I didn't mind... Two birthday dinners? Oh yeah!). But the best part of all? I'm getting my new computer!! Like I said, GREAT birthday!


And yesterday was a HUGE day too... Jake completed his last flight of UPT! He is now officially done with the program which means no more ridiculously long days of studying for him and that I finally get to have my husband back (woo hoo!). It has been a long, long year of training and we are both so ready for this chapter of our lives to come to a close. Tomorrow is our Assignment Night - the night where all of Jake's hard work pays off and we'll finally get to know what's coming next. I'll keep you posted :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Very exciting! Can't wait to hear where you two are off to next! We are anxiously awaiting the start of UPT in August.

Patty said...

Hey Lindsay Happy Birthday!! Glad to hear you had an awesome one and excited for you about your computer!!! The flowers are so beautiful and praying for your assignment night. I can't wait to hear where you guys will be going next!!!

Post a Comment