Girl Time

- - - - Thursday, July 15, 2010 - - - -

Lately Jake and all of his classmates have been on overload with their flying schedule. Being just weeks from graduation, the instructors are trying to push everyone to get finished up early. The result of this? A couple of lonely wives. But we have come to the unspoken agreement that instead of sitting around the house by ourselves bored, we'll just have lots of girl time! I've said it before and I'll say it again - I am SO thankful for my friends here! This place would be miserable without them and I know leaving them will be the hardest part about moving.

On Tuesday after work we created a mini dog park in Allison's backyard (there are 5 dogs between us 3 girls!). We just sat and enjoyed a cool glass of wine in the humid summer weather and relaxed. So wonderful. Check out our pack...


Tonight we are going to Allison's fitness class (she's a personal trainer) to let her kick our butts in a workout and then we plan to stuff ourselves with frozen yogurt... I know that makes no sense really but it sounds fun right? Tomorrow night is girls night out and I am SO excited for that too! Six of us are going to get all dressed up and ditch the boys for dinner and dancing in Starkville. Then Saturday is a shopping day (woo-hoo!) and Sunday we'll start the week right with our weekly afternoon pool date. See, lots of girl time - and it is great! I refuse to be the UPT wife that sits on the couch, bored-to-death, waiting for her husband to come home.

PS - Only 2 more weeks until Assignment Night!! We should hopefully be getting our "drop" tomorrow (Eek!). More on that to come...

0 comments:

Post a Comment