Let's recap the week. My friend Patty on her blog just listed the 5 things that were good and bad about her week and I like that idea so I am going to do the same. Starting with bad...
Negatives:
- Bailey being mad at me and peeing all over the house on Sunday night.
- Having to spend a total of almost 4 hours cutting the grass in our backyard with a weedwacker (in the 85 degree heat with ridiculous humidity). I also cut up my leg since I had no idea what I was doing and got um about 10 bug bites in the process. Great...
- Being attacked by a cold, or maybe just allergies; I can't really tell the difference.
- Stressing over getting my transcripts to Biola by the deadline, which worked out okay but was still very stressful. Also stressing over details of our trip out to L.A. (mainly because of Bailey). I'm not sure what to do with her while I am busy doing all I have planned for graduation week. The thought of kenneling her after a 3 day car trip breaks my heart.
- I locked my keys in my car while on an important work errand and had to use my "weekly allowance" to pay to get them out since apparently there is no AAA out here. That was not a fun situation...AT ALL!
Ok lets leave the bad behind now and focus on the good...
Positives:
- I finished painting and organizing the house and can finally be content and happy with the outcome. By the way, I plan to take pictures and post them this weekend so stay tuned for that.
- I got to see some of the fun perks of a job in advertising over the last few days. I helped write an ad and I got to help with a commercial shoot at a really upscale restaurant yesterday. It was awesome to go to a tv shoot, plus we got tons of free food and drinks. Then, on Monday, I get to help with a press conference for our local airport. Things are lookin' up :)
- I realized that after today, I only have 2 more weeks of work and then I have 2 MONTHS off for vacation (including trips to California, Hawaii, and Europe!!) Oh yeah, things are definitely looking up!
- Jake comes home one week from today! I can actually count down now. Spouses here have always told me that the first time being apart is the hardest and then you learn how to cope with it a little better. It was a good first time being away because it was only 6 weeks and we got to see eachother twice. I think it has prepared me for our 2 months of being apart this summer. I am just so happy to have him home with me for 2 weeks of "normal" before all the crazy traveling starts.
- You people must have really been praying for me because I have been blessed with some AMAZING new friendships this week. It like happened out of nowhere and my relationships with these girls are already deeper than anyone else I've met since I've been out here. I had a few "girls" nights this week where me and 2 other girls just sat and talked for seriously hours about anything and everything. We could've talked all night! I also have a new friend that has started to go on walks with me and Bailey in the evenings which is especially nice since Jake is gone. I love that so much because it is a great to just walk and talk (and vent) about our days and get to know eachother better. Her husband also just got moved into Jake's pilot training class so I'm sure we will be seeing a lot of eachother. Now I feel like there are not enough days in the week to get to see my new friends! What a huge change from the last few weeks! Also, my bible study girls have been so great and encouraging and I feel so lucky to have them.
Well there you have it. Looks to me like the good definitely outweighed the bad this week, do you agree? On a scale of 1 to 10, I think I'd give it a 6.5, maybe even a 7. Thats pretty good considering how my week started. Anywho, thanks for listening and happy Friday!!
1 comments:
After reading all that great new I can't even remember the bad things you went through (except maybe the cutting the grass because it sounds aweful!) I am so glad things are turning up for you at work and with friends. That is very exciting! I hope we can run into each other at graduation. Have a great relaxing weekend :-)
Post a Comment