Vroom Vroom!!!

- - - - Friday, May 15, 2009 - - - -

Today has been a great day. It is my last day of work for almost 3 months, all my work took me out to a really nice lunch at a country club, and best of all WE GOT A NEW CAR!!!

I know this is quite shocking, trust me I'm even shocked, considering we weren't going to buy a new car until August. Well, ever since my car died a week ago, it has not been fully reliable, even after us getting it "fixed". We have been really nervous about taking it across the country. We decided to go to a couple dealerships in town just to look at some cars and see what kind of deals we could get now versus waiting until August. The only dealerships in our small town are Honda and Toyota, neither of which I really wanted to get. For some reason, I just had the idea that they were just cheesy, cheap looking cars. Jake loves both of those brands and so he asked me to go look at them and to try to keep an open mind. Most of the cars were nice but nothing I could see myself driving in. I have always thought that the new honda civics were cute though so I wanted to look at one. After driving it and seeing all of its awesome features, I actually loved it! It is such a cute, sporty car and because of the brand it is definitely a good investment. Because its so cheap too, Jake said we would be able to get a brand new, top of the line one (including leather, sunroof, heated seats, etc...). After a few days of thinking about this car (and going back to test drive 2 more times!) we decided it was the best compromise for us both.

The dealer in our town did not have the exact one we wanted (silver with grey leather) but they called us this morning to say that they were able to get one from another dealer in the state. We made them a ridicoulously low offer for the car and after a bit of pushing they accepted it! Today at 4pm, it will be at the dealership for us and all we have to do is sign the papers! I seriously love the car and feel so cute driving it haha. I can't believe that I get to have a new car for all my summer roadtrips!

I have to say that this is the best graduation/anniversary/birthday present a girl could ask for!    

5 comments:

Candice Parisi said...

Yay for silver Hondas!!!! Welcome to the club. I hope you love driving it all around the country. :)

MJ said...

yeah, congrats! That honda will last you forever! (: Is it 2 door or 4 door? What trim is it? It must be an E-XL or of the like if it has a sunroof and leather. I'm so excited for you! David and I are such car nerds! And you should get amazing mileage on your trip across country, at least 34, 35mpg! You should post pics! (: Oh,, one last question, is it a 5 speed??

Patty said...

Yeay! congrats on the new car! Happy aniiversary/graduation/brithday!

sarahjhendrickson said...

YAY! Those are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome...new car! Me, you, and Becca will match now :) Can't wait to see you!!!
~Megan

Post a Comment