Today is a good day, a GREAT day actually. Guess what happens today?? JAKE COMES HOME! A-woo-hoooo! Can you sense the excitement? It has been a long six weeks but we survived and I learned how to deal with being apart. Now I have to readjust to Jake being home because I have gotten used to life by myself for a while now. Although I do need to stop and realize that in 2 weeks we will be apart again but for 8 weeks! Oy...
Today also is a great day because its Friday and that means that I officially only have one more week of work before my wonderful 2 month vacation! Actually my whole week has been really great. The good and bad weeks seems to go in waves I guess (as those of you know who heard about last week).
I also can't believe that I graduate from college in just 2 weeks. I remember when graduation seemed so far in the future and now it is here! I have my cap and gown- which by the way I swear is not flattering on anybody- and my announcements are ordered and things are falling into place.
Let me see if I have any highlights from this week. Basically it was just fun and again filled with lots of much needed girl time.
Monday: I had a press conference for work which was fun. Then I came home and cleaned and walked Bailey. My friend Ann came over for dinner and then we watched Dancing with Stars and were motivated to start working out by Melissa Rycroft's abs (haha)
Tuesday: I went to work (nothing exciting happened), came home, walked Bailey, hung outwith my friend Kacy and then watched American Idol. Wonderful :)
Wednesday: We had an event for a company that we were putting on at work so that was fun and made the workday fly by. Then I came home and, of course, walked Bailey. Then Ann and I went to the gym (having been inspired by dancing with the stars) and hung out at her house after for dinner and relaxing.
Thursday: Nothing exciting at work, went for a run with Bailey, went to the park with Bailey and some friends, went to the gym (again! I know, right?) with Ann, and then came home and cleaned the house for Jake's homecoming.
Friday: Today I get to get off work at 2 and enjoy a nice weekend with my hubby :)
The week was simple. Nothing exciting really happened but it was a GREAT week! I really needed the downtime and I now feel refreshed and happy. I leave for California in just about a week and while I am so happy to go home for a few months, I am actually pretty sad to leave here (wow, never thought I'd say that!) The friends I thought I'd never have came out here came into my life so quickly and I hate to miss out on the fun things they will do this summer and getting to know them better. I know that they will all be here though when I get back and nothing could change my intense excitement about going home again. I have been away from everyone for almost 6 months! Thats just crazy!
Although, now that its getting close to the time to leave for LA, I am getting nervous about the trip out there. 3 FULL days of driving with a jam packed, old car and a hyper puppy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes!
I came across a quote that says "The grand essentials of happiness are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for." I really like that quote and I think it is true and reflective of my past week and the next few weeks to come.
Hope everyone has a great and happy weekend!!
4 comments:
good music will make a world of difference on the drive lol We made it from southern florida home in 2days .... but i dont see that happening with Bailey lol
good luck
Becca
So glad to hear that things are getting better! Congrats on making it through your first separation with flying colors. If you're in the midwest on your drive, feel free to drop by and let Bailey run in the yard.
Lindsey,
I am so glad you had a great week and how exciting for you that Jake is finally coming home! See you when you get here for graduation :-)
Post a Comment