Last Saturday I went to a "couple's bridal shower" for my friends who are getting married at the end of June.
The funny thing was that all the guys invited to the shower were pilots so none of them were in town to come. Dan embraced it well being around about 20 women haha! I'm really excited for them to be getting married so soon and wish Jake and I could make it out to their Wisconsin wedding but timing just didn't work. Dan is Jake's best friend out here and Megan was the first good friend I made right after getting to Travis. The four of us always have an awesome time together. I kind of feel like Jake should've been photoshopped into the photo :)
- - - - - - - - -
So remember how I wrote a little bit ago about line dancing being my new hobby? Well that hasn't changed at all. Actually I'm borderline obsessed now that I've learned a good majority of the dances. On Monday night I went dancing with a group of friends and as always we had a blast! I just love how awesome of a workout it is too. It's basically 2-3 hours of straight cardio and my legs are always so sore for the days following.
Here's a picture of me and my favorite line dancing partners :) But in all seriousness, these girls are two of the best, most fun girlfriends I could ever ask for. So thankful for them!
- - - - - - - - -
And now for a little bit of doggie cuteness! I was getting ready for bed the other night and walked out of the bathroom to see this...
Badger was just sitting there like that waiting for me and the look on his face made me laugh so hard! It's like he didn't even realize the curtains were on his head. Wish I could've grabbed my good camera to get this picture but I know he would've followed me. So stinking cute!
Here's a couple more pup pictures just because I love them...
- - - - - - - - -
Yesterday I made a day trip to Turlock and got to spend some good time with the fam. I also had a long-awaited hair appointment which felt amazing (Gotta look good for the hubby coming home in 5 DAYS!!). While I loved every little part of the day - lunch with dad, coffee and shopping with Allison, dinner with Mama and Kenny - I'd have to say my favorite part was getting to see my brother. He had no idea that I was coming into town and he was so excited to see me and show me some of his new toys. Well, you can't really even call them toys because since turning the ripe ol' age of 9 he is now into shooting airsoft guns, making exploding volcanos, and installing surround sound electronics in his bedroom, haha! Little boys are sooo different than little girls... my sister and I were happily playing Barbies at that age :)
Seth and I had a great time hanging out and I'm so thankful that my dad snapped these candid photos of us together. I love seeing how our relationship grows and changes as he is growing up and I love that we can always have fun together. What an awesome kid he is!
- - - - - - - - -
To close out this random post, there's one last thing to talk about - JAKE'S COMING HOME ON TUESDAY!!!!!! I'm so excited and nervous and anxious and want him home NOW :) These days leading up to his homecoming are torture! The first month of the deployment went by sooo slow and it felt like he was never coming home but surprisingly the last two months have really flown by and now the time is already here! Keep him in your prayers for safe travels and NO delays as he heads home next week.
And one more cute story & picture... When I was skyping with Jake last week I asked him if he wanted to say hi to the dogs and of course he did :) It was hilarious because the dogs were totally captivated by hearing his voice. They sat there and stared at the screen, cocking their heads back and forth trying to figure out where Jake was. I just love my little family! Look how cute they are...
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! Thanks for reading :)


1 comments:
I can't decide which of all the pictures is the cutest! I love them all. I remember Charlie running to the garage when he heard Randy's voice on skype. Love the new page too!! When do you start up on the designing again?
Post a Comment