Girls Weekend!

- - - - Tuesday, May 8, 2012 - - - -

This past weekend my best friends from back home came to visit me for a fun girls weekend. We had an awesome time and I wish they never had to leave! It was so incredibly nice to have the house full of people for a few days. I'm so thankful to have my best girlfriends living so close to me again and I love how often we have been able to see eachother.

The weekend started on Friday morning when Allison drove up for a shopping day. The other girls were coming up later that night to stay for the whole weekend but because Al had to work the next morning she could only come up for the day. We had a great time catching up over lunch at The Olive Garden (yum!) and then shopped the outlets for a few hours. Afterwards, we picked up some coffee and headed back to my house where we relaxed, enjoyed our coffee and the amazing weather, and read some magazines.


Not long after Al had to leave, the others girls arrived and the fun continued! We stayed in that night to just chill and catch up with eachother and ended up playing some board games which were hilarious. One of the highlights was playing an intense game of "Finger Twister". What's that you might ask? Well it's the game "Twister" except it's only using your hands. And yes, it is just as ridiculous as it sounds, if not more. My dad got it for me as a funny stocking stuffer and, what can I say, we are easily entertained...


The next day we drove up to the wine country to Frog's Leap Vineyards. It's one of my favorite spots in Napa because it's very relaxed and charming. The view is incredible, the people are very friendly, plus there are animals, yard games, a pond, rocking chairs... it's a pretty awesome way to spend a warm Saturday afternoon!

I was bummed that I didn't have my new camera yet because the scenery was awesome... And I loved having little Audrey there to take pictures of! She's just too cute not to photograph :)  I think I probably have 50 pictures of her just from that day. I even managed to get her to strike a "Lindsay pose"...


She totally takes after her Auntie Lindsay :)

Saturday night Cassie and I decided to go out dancing. We were really not wanting to ditch Becca at home with Audrey but she insisted that we go. Becca put Audrey to bed right as we left and then had a relaxing evening with some wine and my overloaded DVR so it didn't end up being too shabby for her either haha.

Cass and I ended up going to a line dancing place in Davis that I'd been to once before and we had a blast! I must say, line dancing has kind of become my new hobby. It's such a fun time - good country music, great workout, nice people... I love it! I think I might end up back there every weekend :) Anyways, we had a great time on Saturday night and in honor of Cinco de Mayo we even sported some festive mustaches... Oh yeah...


So there's my quick recap of the weekend! It was really great having my friends here - Lots of laughs were had and tons of good memories made :) I love you girls and miss you already!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment