The Tough Call Mom

- - - - Saturday, May 12, 2012 - - - -

This is the card I gave my mama for Mother's Day this year... and it's so true! It doesn't seem to matter how old I get or what "life accomplishments" I've made, mom always has the answers and knows the right thing to say.

 My mom came with me to Sacramento for my medical test on Thursday (which went really good - totally easy) and we decided that afterwards we'd celebrate Mom's Day a little bit early. We went out to lunch, followed by coffee, dessert, and shopping... Perfect!

It was also a good opportunity for me to give her some fun gifts! I got her a nice teal/blue necklace that was super tempting not to keep for myself haha! And also a fun little wall quote to hang that reads "Mom, the older I get the smarter you become". I've actually had that wall quote since I worked at Papyrus and was saving it to give her for Mother's Day. She loved it and it made me happy to see her so happy :)


And I hate to turn this post into a bit of a downer but I'd be lying if I didn't say that Mother's Day this year wasn't affecting me emotionally since the miscarriage. It often crosses my mind that I would've been only 4 weeks away from my due date and Mother's Day would probably have had a totally different and very special meaning for me.

It started when I was looking at Mother's Day cards and there was a whole section of "mom to be" cards. It brought up feelings in me that I just wasn't expecting. I can't put my finger on how I exactly feel... I'm not really sad about it, I mean it doesn't make me tear up or anything; it's more of just a strange feeling of recognizing how different my life would've been right now and trying to find God's plan in all of it. I think I will feel a huge sense of relief once June 15th comes and goes and I am no longer thinking "I would've been this far along today..."

But I must say that I love having this blog, and being able to write knowing it's a safe place for me to work through these thoughts and feelings. So thanks for listening, friends and family, I love you all so much :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment