Oakland A's Game

- - - - Thursday, May 24, 2012 - - - -

This past weekend while I was anxiously awaiting Jake's return home, I was doing everything I could to keep busy and pack my schedule full to try and make the time go by faster. I had a few girls nights, went to the movies twice, and cleaned every inch of the house. By Monday I was more than ready for him to be home and knew it would be a long 24 hours, so I was really excited when Heather told me that her husband had gotten 4 free tickets to the Oakland A's vs Anaheim Angels game for that night and invited me to join them.

We rode the BART to the stadium and pretty much had our pick of seats being that it was a Monday night game. The other person that was supposed to join us ended up not being able to come last minute so we kept joking that the Vaughn's were taking me on a date (see the picture below with me in the middle of them haha). As long as they didn't mind me being a third wheel, I didn't mind at all either :)

Heather and I both admitted once we got there that we don't really go to the games to watch baseball but more for the social aspect of it (surprise, surprise) - Sad to say that most of the time we didn't really even know what was going on, haha. We were just dancing to the music, taking pictures, and enjoying some very healthy stadium food :) Salted pretzel with nacho cheese? Yes please, we'll take two!


Another fun thing that happened at the game is that I ran into a familiar face in the crowd! Tyler, my best friend Allison's hubby, happened to be there with some of his friends. That was a fun surprise and we had a a good time catching up.


It was a great first game of the year for me! Next, I've got to get me to the Giants stadium for some Garlic Fries :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment