Hope everyone had an awesome weekend! I've never really celebrated St. Patrick's Day before (other than wearing the necessary green to avoid being pinched) but this year there seemed to be a lot of events going on so I thought I'd join in the fun. Friday night Jake's squadron had an Irish-food potluck and it was a lot of fun! I'm so thankful to be part of a squadron that is so involved and puts on multiple weekly events to keep all of us connected and busy.
On Saturday night I went with some friends to dinner at BJs and then out to some St. Patty's celebrations. We had quite the experience while eating at BJs, the power went out on the entire city block and caused a lot of chaos in the restaurant! It was a crazy scene - people were leaving from their tables trying to skip out on their checks, a man dressed up as a leprechaun was skipping around the restaurant waving glow sticks (I couldn't make this up if I tried, haha!), and every meal order that had been put into the computers got lost and jumbled so the kitchen had no idea who ordered what. It was a mess, and we felt so bad for all of the workers! The power was only out for a few minutes but the restaurant had a terrible time trying to recover and people get mean when they are hungry! We were patient though and waited it out and finally two hours later we got the pizzas that we ordered. The manager comped our entire meal which was really nice, especially since it wasn't their fault that they lost power! In the end it just gave us more time to sit, chat, and enjoy our night and then we also got to go home with lots of extra, free pizza which was just as tasty at lunchtime today :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment