First I need to say a big thanks for the amazing amount of feedback I got in regards to yesterday's blog post. It was a very vulnerable thing for me to write through and the comments, emails, and messages you all sent really encouraged me. I feel wonderful about tackling that post and I feel a huge sense of relief/freedom that I'm no longer "hiding" this big thing that happened in my life. With that said, let's move on to some lighter topics, yes??
It's now been 3 weeks since Jake has been gone and I'm surprised to say that it has really flown by! Hopefully time will continue passing quickly because May still seems so far away. But like I said, I've been packing my days with fun stuff and plenty of things to do and I know that's making a huge difference.
Monday night was a lot of fun - a few of my friends got together to eat some In-N-Out and chocolate dessert, and watch the ridiculous season finale of The Bachelor (I know, I know...) It basically turned into all four of us screaming at the tv screen about how stupid we thought the bachelor was... and how much he really needs a haircut haha! Good times :) Love these ladies!
On Tuesday, my mom and I decided to meet in Sacramento for a spontaneous shopping day. That's got to be my favorite part about living at Travis AFB... I can literally call my mom the night before and say "Hey, let's do something tomorrow!" I love living so close to my family and friends here and I'm trying to take advantage of it as much as possible because I know it won't always be this way. So anyways, we hit up our usual places, Nordies, Nordstrom Rack, Macys, etc, and stopped for a yummy lunch at Nordstrom Cafe (my fav!) We had so much fun! Wish we could do that every week but then I think we'd both go broke :) Here's a picture of us at lunch...
Yesterday I had a very lazy day and it was so nice! After relaxing all afternoon (and taking hours to write that ridiculously long, emotional blog post) I was ready to get out of the house come dinner time. There was a deployed spouses dinner on base, so a few of my friends and I went and got some free food and entertainment! It's so nice that the base puts on monthly events like this for us while our hubbies are away.
Today, the girls and I went to a Mexican food lunch and then over to paint some pottery. Last week we had a spouse social painting pottery and several of us didn't get a chance to finish our pieces so we went back today. Here's a picture of some of us at the social last week...
So today we went back to finish painting our pieces and then left them to be fired. I painted a small jewelry dish and was surprised at how hard it was! Ask me to design something on the computer? No problem. Ask me to paint something with my small, shaky, uncoordinated hands? Ehhh... I'm interested to see how it looks once its finished! After we finished at the pottery studio, we may or may not have stopped by the Coach outlet... and I may or may not have bought something amazing :)
Tonight I actually made it to the gym for a fitness class and got my booty whipped! I may need to be wheeled around tomorrow because I'm already so sore but I had a great time. I feel so good when I get a great workout in during the day. Plus, Jake's been going to the gym every day since he's been deployed (sometimes multiple workouts each day!) so I've got to get with the program and make sure I'm just as fit when he comes home looking extra buff!!
So anywho, those are some of the little fun things I did this week, in addition to getting in some work here and there. Tomorrow night the squadron is having a St. Patty's Day Potluck event and that will be a lot of fun. Lots of pictures to come from that I'm sure! Hope you've all had a wonderful week - I'm ready for a fun weekend!

0 comments:
Post a Comment