I've said this before but one of the best things (if not THE best thing!) about living here at Travis is being so close to my family. My dad and brother decided to come visit me for the weekend and it was awesome! I was still really not feeling well all weekend, with a bad cough and low energy, and having my family there really made it so much better. On Saturday it was really wet and rainy so we just got some pizza and watched a few movies. A relaxing day was exactly what we all needed! That night Seth also lost one of his last baby teeth which was totally a big deal! Even though Seth tried to play it cool like it wasn't :)
Sunday was a very productive around the house... and I did absolutely nothing! haha! Let me explain. There were a lot of "guy" chores that needed to be done since Jake being gone and I've just been putting them off, planning to get to them eventually. Well I didn't even have to ask but Seth and my dad got to work and did them ALL and more. By lunchtime on Sunday the yard had been pooper-scooped, mowed, edged, and fertilized! Seth did most of the work and I was amazed by his endless amount of energy. He and my dad also filled in the areas around the fence where Bailey had been digging which was a big help. It's so funny to see the difference between boys and girls because where I think that yardwork (other than planting pretty flowers) is a pain in the butt, Seth loved it! He thought it was so fun to mow and edge the lawn and he did a great job!
After the yard work was done and we had some lunch, Seth proceeded to run both my dogs around the neighborhood park and completely wore them out. He then even helped me give them both baths, which is definitely a two-person task. I haven't seen the dogs that happy in a while and they slept for the rest of the day after my family headed home.
I'm just so proud of my little brother and what an amazing young man he is becoming. I've never met a 9 yr old so eager to help when he was getting nothing in return. He's so awesome :) Thanks Seth and dad for all your help around the house and especially for the good company! I love you both so much!

0 comments:
Post a Comment