Yesterday, I actually didn't have any plans at all but then all this fun stuff kind of fell into place and it turned out to be an awesome day! I was lazy until about noon (love it!) and then Allison and I decided to walk the dogs to the park for some playtime. It was such a nice day out and she mentioned she was going to get some flowers and plants at the Caledonia nursery. I was thrilled when she asked me to come along because I've been meaning to get some flowers for the porch for a while now. Here's a picture of us on our way back, so happy about all the beautiful flowers we found. Mission accomplished!
Then we heard through the grapevine that there was this festival going on downtown in Columbus. Being that we had nothing better to do and did not really want to sit around the house by ourselves for the afternoon, we decided to go check it out! Hmmm it was definitely interesting! Mississippi is just a totally different world, but we really had fun just walking around and taking random pictures (and laughing at just about everything!).... Good times :)
Crawfish everywhere... yuck...
Allison with the random boxes of junk for sale... You call this a festival Columbus?
On the porch of Tennessee Williams' first house! Very cool!
Walking through the Columbus riverwalk...
While we were walking around the festival we both started to get hungry and so even though it was only like 4:30 we decided to go get some dinner. One of my favorite restaurants, Harveys, is downtown so we were able to just walk over and eat. I ordered the messiest, yummiest pasta with peppers and onions and diced veggies... mmmm something I will NOT be able to eat easily once the braces go on (which oh yeah, that's tomorrow... ugh). But yesterday was really fun and we had a good time exploring the crazy little southern town that we live in.
Now about Jake's weekend. As I mentioned, he was on his T-1 cross-country trip this weekend. I was really excited for him to get to go because of what happened with his T-6 cross-country trip. He was gone Friday to Sunday and went to Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Tampa, and a few other amazing places. He basically flew all day, every day this weekend and when he got home this afternoon he was exhausted! But no time to relax for Jake tonight... he has a test tomorrow and another flight on Tuesday so he's been studying basically since he got home. Poor guy :( I'm glad he had a fun time though this weekend, getting out of Columbus for a few days, flying with friends, and seeing new places. It's really tough work but its amazing to see how much he truly loves his job!
Anyways, another new week starts tomorrow and its sure to be a challenging one for me. Please pray for me that tomorrow goes well as I go to the orthodontic appointment I've been dreading. Having braces again will definitely be something to get used to... time to get going though and get it over with! On a different note, I have 4 new blog designs I've been meaning to post for you and will try to do that tomorrow. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!






1 comments:
Looks like a fun weekend!! Randy and I use to love riding our bikes at the Columbus River Walk area.
Post a Comment