Below are some pictures from the air show. I'm trying out a new javascript photo gallery for my blog posts. To see what I mean, click on one of the pictures below... Cool right?
Air Force Thunderbirds
- - - - Thursday, May 20, 2010 - - - -
With all the excitement of launching my new site, I never got a chance to tell you all about the super fun weekend I had! Last Saturday and Sunday our base hosted an air show featuring the amazing Air Force Thunderbirds and on Friday night, we actually got to go to a party at the Club on base to welcome the Thunderbirds! It was really cool to meet the people who pilot the jets and do all those crazy flying maneuvers. On Saturday, Jake and I spent the whole day at the air show and had a blast! Tons of planes flew in (including Jake's top two choices for his assignment) and we got to walk around and check them out. I love looking at planes and always end up asking Jake a million questions about each of them. Planes just really fascinate me and it still blows my mind that Jake gets to fly one every single day. Maybe if we win the lottery one day I will take some flying lessons :) Later that afternoon, the Thunderbirds took to the sky and I stood there in awe watching them. There's something so inspiring and patriotic about seeing them fly. And it was really cool on Sunday watching them fly again right over our backyard.
Below are some pictures from the air show. I'm trying out a new javascript photo gallery for my blog posts. To see what I mean, click on one of the pictures below... Cool right?
Below are some pictures from the air show. I'm trying out a new javascript photo gallery for my blog posts. To see what I mean, click on one of the pictures below... Cool right?












5 comments:
I love the new thing for your pictures! Very cool :)
Thanks Meggie!
Great pictures! Looks like it was a great day. Only one problem, where is Big Sexy?!?!? Though I do agree with you on the 17's, they are pretty cool. All us 10 wives here are super jealous of the 17's deployment cycle here right now!
Hahaha Surprisingly there was no KC-10 there! But the C-17 was from Travis :) Thats actually our top choice right now... C-17 to Travis... it would be so awesome to be stationed with you guys!
I'm visiting from MaeMae Paperie. Just wanted to say you do AMAZING work! And I'm so inspired because not only is your work amazing, but you're a military spouse too! I'm new to the Air Force life and seeing your work just made my day!
Post a Comment