Back to school shopping.

- - - - Tuesday, May 4, 2010 - - - -

Classes have officially started! 3 days down, only 18 more months to go :) Yesterday I did my back to school shopping. I know you are thinking... why in the world would I need to do shopping for an online design program? Well its a different kind of shopping. I bought lots and lots of software... the entire brand new Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium to be exact and I spent like 6 hours downloading the software last night. I'm very excited to have all these brand new programs right at my fingertips... a designers dream!! These programs are all so amazing! Before this purchase, all I had to my name was a VERY outdated version of Photoshop so this is really huge.

During my online shopping venture, I also started to research for a new computer (yay!). Right now, I'm actually using Jake's MacBook for all my designing and schoolwork (my ancient little iBook finally hit the dust). For now, this is working out fine but I really do need my own computer considering how much time I spend on there. Being that we are Apple people (not to mention the fact that we have majorly invested in Apple stock...),  I've now got my eye on the brand new MacBook Pro. Jake's on board with this decision but wants to wait until the end of the summer to purchase because there are typically back to school specials (usually Apple will bundle in some free products). I'm just so excited!

Anyways, my first class in my design program is Photoshop and it started on Saturday. I'm really thankful that this is my first class because I'm already very familiar with Photoshop and I think it will help ease me slowly back into the challenge of school. I plan to share on my blog my portfolio of design work as I go through this program and I hope you all will cheer me on in my schoolwork as I am stretched as a designer and pushed out of my comfort zone. School has begun... no going back now!

3 comments:

MJ said...

yay for school! And, yay for being Mac people, David and I are too! I'm hoping to get my new computer around the end of summer also!

Angela said...

Very exciting! I got some information sent to me the other day about military discounts on computers. I don't know if it's better than the back-to-school deals, but thought I'd pass it along just in case. http://www.military4life.com/discounts/computers.html

Emily B. said...

Lindsay! That is so exciting! We just bought Adobe CS4 a few months ago, and before that, I just had Adobe Illustrator CS2! I can't wait to hear about your experience with Sessions...Good luck on this new chapter in your life!

Post a Comment