Quick Trip Recap

- - - - Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - - - -

Jake made it home safe from his first trip last night! Even though it was a VERY quick trip he really enjoyed it and loved flying into Alaska and Japan. He didn't get a chance to go off base in Japan because they were there for such a short time but he said it was really pretty there, the people were so nice, and the weather felt like Hawaii! He didn't end up taking lots of pictures (boo...) but he did get a couple that are definitely blog-worthy.

Are you ready for a good laugh? Check out the awesome translation on this juice pack that he bought at the commissary on base in Japan. The last line made us laugh so hard!!


Because this was Jake's first trip in the C-17, it was also his "Dollar Ride". During these first flights, its typical for the other pilots to play pranks on the new pilot. What they planned to do to Jake was take a picture in front of the plane when they landed and then right before the photo clicked, push everyone else out of the way and dump water over his head. Unfortunately for them, Jake saw this coming and  simply stepped back and away and smiled for the picture...


Too bad because that definitely would've been a photo-worthy moment! Oh Jake...

Anyways, that's about all I have to share with you from his trip. In my next post (which I plan to write tomorrow - hopefully!) I want to tell you all about the project I worked on while he was away. I did lots of fun shopping and completely finished our guest bedroom! Paint and all! And I have pictures to prove it :)

2 comments:

Jaclyn Williams said...

That is hilarious! Who is their translator??? They are terrible!

Jaclyn Williams said...

Ps nice storytelling about the picture of Jake's squadron below.

Post a Comment