Yep, that's right, Jake left this morning for his first trip in the C-17! He'll be gone for a few days to Japan and Alaska and I'm so excited for him. I tried my best to convince him that I should get to come in his suitcase but he didn't go for it. Really though, it's awesome for me to see 4 years of college ROTC and 2 years of pilot training finally pay off for him. I must say that I'm a bit jealous he gets to travel the world without me... that's okay, I'll let Jake scope out the really good places and we can go back there for vacation together :) Anyways, please pray for a safe and enjoyable trip for him. Hopefully when he gets back I'll have lots of pictures to show you!
On another note, last night Jake and I got to do something really cool - we went out to the flightline to welcome home one of our good friends from deployment! It's not often they let civilians out on the flightline so it was an awesome experience for me to be up close with the jets. Here's a picture I took on the flightline of the massive C-5...
Something you can't tell from this picture is that it was FREEZING out on the flightline! The wind was out of control! I have proof of how freezing I was...
Horrible picture of me but you get the point :) My hair was all over the place, my nose was bright red, and my toes were numb while we waited for the guys to finish dealing with customs and get off the jet (And no I don't have 2 coach purses - I wish! The black one is mine, the purple one belongs to Sarah). But being cold was totally worth it to witness the awesome event of guys getting back from deployment, running to their wives and children, tears and kisses... Amazing! I got to video the whole thing for Sarah and was so happy to be there. Afterward we got to climb up into the plane and check it out! I had never been inside a KC-10 before so it was really cool to see. I had no idea how much cargo they hold! I thought they were just for refueling, but they had 2 jet engines they brought back as cargo just sitting in the back half of the plane.
After we got back home and warmed up a little, we took John and Sarah out to dinner to celebrate his return. Where at? In-N-Out of course! If you know John, you know there's nowhere else he'd rather go. I've never seen someone look at a burger that way before... I think he'd been eating desert food for a little too long :)
Anyways, the weekend is off to a wonderful start and I've even had two different people invite me to their Easter celebrations knowing that Jake is gone. I'm so blessed to have such good friends here. Hope you all are enjoying your Saturday morning! Happy Easter!!

1 comments:
Crazy! The top picture looks so peaceful...and then we see you dying in the cold and wind! That is so cool. I would love to see that C-5 up close!
Post a Comment