Life Happens

- - - - Monday, September 27, 2010 - - - -

I know I've gone missing from my blog for almost two weeks now but a lot has been going on, good and bad and everything in between. Last you heard from me, I had just gotten my braces off for a week - and wow, it was great! I spent a lot of time with my friends and even took a spontaneous trip to LA!  One of the best parts of the trip was having a beach day. It was perfect! I hadn't been to the beach in so long. Oh how I've missed you, California!!


It was a quick trip but a great one! I've missed my friends in southern California so much. It's amazing how with some people you can be apart so long and then just pick right back up where you left off.

Exactly a week after I got my braces off, they went right back on :( I knew this all along but it was still really hard on me. Technically it was my 3rd time getting braces on! Oh well, I'm just ready to get it over with. Anyways, as soon as they went back on, I was in serious pain. Mouth pain is so awful because you can't eat or talk or think... so awful... The pain stayed pretty constant until today when thank goodness it decided to let up. It's going to be a long 6 months for sure.

On Friday morning I noticed something wrong with Bailey (my dog). Her back leg had gotten cut open and looked really infected. I think it was days old by the time I found it because she had licked it raw and it seemed pretty bad. So I took her to the vet and $100 later we were back home with a leg wrap and antibiotics. The worst part is that Bailey is a very determind little dog and will stop at nothing to get this mini-cast off her leg. Since Friday its been a never-ending battle trying to keep her from ripping off her wrap and making her wound worse.

And in the midst of being in pain and dealing with a needy puppy, work and school are really picking up a lot! That is a great thing of course but I am beginning to feel overwhelmed and like I am working all the time. Really though, I'm not working all the time I just need to get better at prioritizing my time and sticking to a better schedule. Today I am finally getting caught up (hence the new blog post) and its feels like a huge weight being lifted.

And continually building on my stress is the fact that my husband and I have now been apart for 3 weeks and still have months more to go :(  Not being with him makes me feel like I'm missing a limb... its just not right. Most of the time I do okay with him being gone because I am so busy and can easily find things to do but there's only so much I can sugar-coat it: It sucks.

But the hardest part of my week by far was that a good friend of mine from high school, Jonathan, died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon. He was only 23. What made me take the news even harder is that I saw him just a few days ago at Starbucks and he was as full of life as ever. Up to this point, I've never had to deal with the passing of a friend and its a strange feeling. It helps to know that he was a believer and he lived his life every day for the Lord, but its still hard for the family and friends he left... please please pray for the Sanchez family. Jonathan's sister Bianca is my sister's best friend and is like family to me. I can't even imagine what she is going through right now.

I guess after all of this the only thing to say is that life happens. Things gets busy and stressful and we are constantly on a roller coaster ride of ups and downs. You never know what tomorrow is going to hold, so try and make today a good one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment