The braces saga continues

- - - - Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - - - -

Yesterday I hurdled over speed bump courtesy of the Air Force. Since we moved right in the middle of my orthodontic treatment, I needed to find a new orthodontist FAST in order to keep on track with my goal of getting them off in the April/May time period. I actually made appointments with several different orthodontists to see who was going to be the best fit for me. Through that I found the perfect orthodontist to finish out my treatment and he actually has the same plan for me as my orthodontist in Mississippi which is really great.

Now for the update... the only way to fix my deep overbite in my time frame without jaw surgery is to use a horrible device called "forsus" which is essentially modern-day headgear.  I only need to get it on the left side of my mouth but wow this thing looks super dramatic (see picture on right). GAH! Isn't that crazy looking? I will pretty much be robo-mouth. Has anybody out there had these before? Are they as painful as they look? Oh goodness. It really is the best method though to fix my problem. I mean, it does the same thing that those annoying rubber bands do but in a third of the time! If all goes well, I will only have to wear this contraption for 3 or 4 months and the braces will be OFF for good! And with time to spare for my sister's wedding...yesss!!

There is a piece of good news in all this (well most people probably wouldn't consider it good but I really really do haha). I am getting my braces off tomorrow for a whole week!! My new orthodontist needs to put on different brackets since they don't use the ones I have on currently (yeah, good job Mississippi) so that means I get them off for a week while my new ones are made. Obviously this is quite the extra hassle but words can literally not describe how excited I am to have them off for a whole week!!! I'm going to dress up and go out and feel pretty, while chewing gum the entire time :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh it's those things. I had them...in HIGHSCHOOL. During my senior year. Needless to say, I was hot stuff ;).
You know, it's not that bad...however..I had issues with something coming loose all the time. It normally happened when I yawned. I know you'll totally be fine with it. Especially since it's on one side. I say go for it so you can be done quicker! Good luck!!

Post a Comment