Getting away from it all

- - - - Wednesday, September 8, 2010 - - - -

Even though we've been on "vacation" for 2 weeks at Jake's parents house, we really haven't been relaxing too much at all. Jake's been busy catching up with all of his friends and family and I've been trying to spend time with him as well as keep up on my workload and take care of the puppies - One of us is always doing something and it feels like we've barely even seen eachother! So we decided to take a spontaneous mini vacation to Kahneeta Resort in Central Oregon. The room prices were a steal since it was the Tuesday after Labor Day (which also meant that we basically had the resort to ourselves) and it was just the perfect way to spend some quality time together and get away from it all. We even decided to leave our computers at home {gasp!} Oh, it was wonderful! We played in the pool (a nice warm pool that's fed by the warm springs), relaxed in the spa under the stars, and enjoyed a fun night out. Well, actually, because the resort is in the middle of the desert there wasn't anywhere to go, so we ate at the yummy restaurant at the hotel which stared out over the beautiful desert mountains and then headed over to the Indian casino to test our luck. Apparently neither of us are big gamblers because after $10 worth of penny slots we lost interest in the whole thing. Oh, but I was a BIG winner. Check it out.


After I cashed out my big win, we spent the rest of the evening talking and laughing and people watching. It's so amazing all the characters you find at a casino! We had a lot of fun and it was nice to just be together. Just the two of us.This morning we slept late, enjoyed coffee on the balcony, and savored every moment of our little spontaneous getaway. Like I said, perfect.


And now we are back and I am dreading tomorrow. I won't see him again (my favorite person, my better half) until Thanksgiving and saying goodbye is always the hardest part...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and blog. Sometimes I randomly read your blog.. I love it! You really are an amazing writer. I am sorry you will have to be without him for a few months.. Will you be living in Cali while he is gone? My thoughts are with you today!
-Sisily

Patty said...

You poor thing!! I hate saying good bye! Hang in there!!

Post a Comment