I wanted to write this post separate from the last one because I did not want to taint my fun night at the concert with more sickness talk. Blah! But before I start my update I want to take a second to say how very thankful and appreciative I have been for all the sweet blog comments, texts, and emails I've received over the past week. It's so nice to know that people care about me and are praying and its helpful to hear that others have gone through similar situations and came out of it on top! So thank you, thank you, thank you!
And now for the update... I woke up this morning very early to another round of horrible stomach pain, same as Saturday and Sunday. I thought maybe it would pass before it was time for me to go to work but unfortunately it did not :/ I ended up deciding it would be best to stay home from work, which is not something I take lightly. Getting sick as often as I have been has shown me to use my sick days sparingly so I try to never take a sick day unless I'm either contagious or need to go to the ER. Today I just knew I wouldn't be able to make it through the workday. (PS. I'm so thankful to have a supportive boss and co-workers. They've been great to me through this.)
So I went to the hospital for some more testing and finally, thankfully, got an appointment scheduled for an endoscopy (which is set for the beginning of November). I had an endoscopy done back in January before I knew my gallbladder was not functioning and everything in my stomach looked fine then so the doctors have been hesitant to do another one, saying that there probably is nothing new. But I kept telling them that this pain I am having now is NOT the same pain I had in January: this pain is not in the same location, has a much greater pain level, and stays specifically in one area of my upper abdomen. My doctor finally agreed that its worth a look.
I'm not really optimistic at this point that they will find the source of my problem in the scope but at the very least they will be able to confirm whether or not I need to be taking this truck-load of medicine that I'm currently on for stomach "acid reduction". It really has bothered me to just be taking all these different medications without knowing if they are actually treating the cause or are just treating the symptoms.
So that's where I stand on the issue. I would love more than anything to just stop going to the doctors and hope this will go away on its own but I know that I need to keep being proactive until they figure it out. They have to eventually right? There's no way a person can experience so much pain for no reason. As for tonight I am almost feeling pretty normal again... hoping I will be able to finish out this week strong. And on a very happy ending note, Jake comes home tomorrow! These past 10 days he's been gone have felt like a month and I will be so glad to have him back, even for just a short time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment