Running in Circles

- - - - Monday, January 31, 2011 - - - -

Well another month has gone by and honestly I've been too depressed to blog because my life has been nothing but sickness, medical tests, and laying in bed, while also trying to keep up with work and school. There's really nothing about this past month that I want to remember so I had no motivation to blog. Okay, so maybe I'm being a little dramatic... I'm just so ready to feel healthy again!

Since I last wrote, I've had a battery of tests done including an EDG scope, CT scan, multiple ultrasounds, and multiple blood tests - and all of my tests came back "normal". The scope showed that my esophogus was inflamed and swollen but the Dr didn't find any ulcers or anything that would be causing me severe pain.

Next the Dr wanted to check my gallbladder. He said that could be the reason for the inflammation in my esophagus and the cause of my chest and stomach pain. I got a Hida scan done and it came back showing my gallbladder functioning but only 2% away from not functioning. It seemed like we finally found the problem. Well, today I met with a surgeon to see if getting my gallbladder out would relieve my pain and he seemed to think that it wouldn't. He thinks my symptoms don't necessarily point to a problem in my gallbladder and taking it out might not even help at all. Is it crazy that I was praying that it was my gallbladder? I was so hoping that having a small surgery would take away all my problems.

I feel like I've been running around in circles for the last 9 weeks. I get my hopes up every time a doctor says "this is your problem - here's how we fix it" and then get let down every time they find nothing and leave me with no answers. After every appointment I end up back where I started. The only improvement is that I've been prescribed medicine to help with the pain while they try to figure out what to do next.

Maybe I just have a virus that needs to work itself out. Maybe I will wake up one day and feel back to normal...


On a positive side note, I did mange to get everything straightened out with insurance so I don't have to stress about going to the doctor when I need to. It actually turned out to be super easy to switch my insurance from Mississippi to California (Thanks for the advice Angela!)

Anyways, I'm so tired of talking about being sick... For the month of February, I'm making it my goal to blog at least once a week about something other than sickness :) I'm going to attempt to take my life back even if my body doesn't want me to!

0 comments:

Post a Comment