Not enough hours in the day...

- - - - Saturday, August 14, 2010 - - - -

Since assignment night my life has been a big blur of excitement, happiness, stress and anticipation, and unfortunately with all this busyness, blogging was the first thing to go. I think (emphasis on think) things are finally on the downhill so I plan to get back in action with my blogging routine... Woo hoo!! I have two HUGE events to blog about that each deserve their own post this week (my sister getting engaged!! and Jake getting his wings!!!) but for tonight I will just give you a quick update on life since my last post.

As you all know, we are going back to California! Yes! And now we finally have "the plan" for how this whole move is going to happen. Jake has two different trainings he has to complete before we can move to Travis, Survival training in Washington and C-17 training in Oklahoma, and because of this we don't actually report to our new base until the beginning of March (boo...) Well I have no desire to stay here in Mississippi alone for the next six months so we have decided to pack up the house, put everything in storage, and drive the dogs and I back to the west coast to stay with my family while Jake is away at training. This option requires a lot of planning and extra work on our part but in the end its the way I know I will be happiest, not to mention we will be saving a lot of money this way :) So while Jake is gone I plan to travel around the west coast catching up with the friends and family I have missed so much while we've been stationed in Mississippi. The best part of it all is that I can take my work anywhere I go so I am not tied down to any location for any amount of time and I'm also not sacrificing my career or income.

With all that said, we are leaving here in just over a week and as I look around at my fully furnished, nowhere-near-packed house I can't help but feel a bit overwhelmed. There is so much to be done. It's ironic that I've been counting down the years, months, days... until we would be leaving this place but now that its here I kind of want it (need it) to just slow down for minute. But as I always say, change is a good thing and I really am so excited for what is to come :)

The great news is that although we are leaving the south in just a week, we still get to take two full weeks of vacation before Jake has to report to his first day of training. We're so looking forward to spending some time relaxing with Jake's family and friends in the Northwest and enjoying the wonderful end-of-summer, non-humid weather there. Life is good and exciting at the Pruitt household right now and, wow, I still have so much to tell you!! Be back with more tomorrow :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment