I feel like I have so much to talk about and update on that I should probably divide it into sections so that I am not just randomly switching from subject to subject :) Here we go in no particular order...
---------
Work
I have almost been back at work a week now and for the most part I have just jumped right back in where I left off. When I got back to work on Monday, I already had projects waiting for me! That has made me excited and happy because it makes me feel really needed at work and accomplished when I finish my long list of to-do's. Most of the week has been filled with the usual: proofing, research, research, and more research. But I also got to go to a Facebook seminar for advertising which was pretty fun. I already knew most of the information but I did manage to learn a few things from it.
Tomorrow I have my official training to take over the media bills and other financial bookkeeping on Quickbooks, which is a huge work load to take on but I am excited for the challenge! Also, my work is going to have me take a class on Google Adwords and get certified. This is an awesome opportunity for me and something to help build my resume. I think I will start on that next week sometime. Overall, work is going great and I definitely feel like part of the team. Its great to be back at work doing something that I can be proud of!
Family
Of course by family I mean Jake and Bailey :) Jake is doing great in his training still. Yesterday was another big test for him and he's been studying pretty hard for it all week. He got an A on it and I am so proud of him! He is really working so hard and I'm glad he's seeing the rewards of his work. He's been involved in a lot of study groups with other guys in his class and really seems to be making some good friends along the way.
Jake and I have really been great lately working as a team; supporting eachother through both of our hard work days and still making time to put one another first. We don't get a lot of time together so we have been making the most of our time. Instead of laying on the couch watching a show, we have been very active, like last night we went for a long bike ride around base together, and a few nights ago we washed the car together. It sounds funny but its a good way to be together and do something together.
Of course, Bailey is always our "something together". To us, she is our child and we spoil her ridiculously. We are so thankful to have her and she brings so much fun and laughter into our lives. Sometime in the near future we plan to get another dog too. Bailey really needs someone to play with and we always feel so bad leaving her at home alone all day long. I'm not sure that we will get a puppy because they are so much work but I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.
Church
It's great to be back at church and getting involved again after being gone all summer. It's strange that most of our friends that were there when we first got there in January have already left and moved on to their next bases. Its given us a great opportunity though to meet so many more great Christian people and connect with other Christians within the AF community. Pretty soon I will also be starting my Thursday night bible study again with the girls. This time we are going to be working through a book on being excellent, Godly wives :) I think that will be a wonderful study and hopefully very beneficial to the foundation of our young marriage.
Friends
Looking back on my blogs from when we first moved here, it is amazing to me to see how God has really provided in the area of friendship. I still remember so strongly those feelings of loneliness and need for friends; now I am surrounded and overwhelmed by the people God has brought into my life. My closest friend out here, Ann, has been such a blessing to me. We are so much alike in everything that we like to do and the way we think. She is someone I can call whenever I need someone and she is there for me and we can talk for hours.
Then, I have all the wonderful wives of UPT class 10-13. There are 10 of us and we all have such a great time together. Last week we did quite a few things together and some of us even took a day shopping trip to Tuscaloosa, AL. Everyone gets along so easily and so far this group of girls seems to be pretty drama free. The hard part is though that I am the ONLY one who has a full-time job out of all the spouses. Therefore, most of the meetings are in the mornings and I am at work. I already missed one and I know that I'll miss many many more. Its kind of a bummer to feel left out but I know that I should be happy and excited to be working and thankful to have a job. And there are also plenty of events at night for me to attend. Like next week I have an AF or spouse event almost every night! I have a social on Tuesday, a jewelry party on Wednesday, the pilot partners welcome on Thursday, and a baby shower to go to on Saturday! I know it will be such a fun week and I am excited for all the girl time. Oh and also, my good friend Patty and her husband get here next week! I can't wait for her to be here and I know we are going to have a ton of fun here in good ol' Columbus.
Visitors
This week we have had the joy of having some good friends come back to visit for the week, Matt & Logan. They were our neighbors when we first moved here and they are the 2 single guys that I would also mention in my earlier blogs from Columbus. They are such great friends and we've enjoyed every second of there visit with us. Now one is stationed in Washington and one is in New Jersey and both are flying C-17s.
Next month, I am even more excited that 2 of our best friends are coming out to visit for a few days, Andrew & Cassie. Hopefully I will be able to take a day off work when they are here and we can plan something fun. We might drive to Atlanta for the day and go to Six Flags because its military day and we get in free and it'd be something fun to go do. Jake is also insisting that we go Armadillo hunting while they're here. Oy...
We may also be having some family out for the holidays. That would be so much fun and give me a good reason to decorate! Anyways, I am very excited to have some visitors come our way and show them our new house and introduce them to Mississippi life.
---------
So there ya have it. All my updates and probably much information than you wanted to know :)
3 comments:
you should get Bailey a friend, she would love it. But I agree, puppies are a lot of work!
Wow! That was a lot of updates! I seriously can't wait to get over there, I am so antsy :-). If it wouldn't be trouble I would love to join your womens Bible study next Thursday!!
I'm really starting to love this blogging stuff! I love to read yours. Its such an easy way to stay updated! And your blogs are so fun to read. That's so cool that you and Jake took a bike ride. How fun!! And what a great idea. Its neat to see how you guys work at your marriage. Thanks for being such a great example for me sea-ster. I'm excited for your company that comes to visit! How fun for you guys. Just make sure Bailey doesn't poo in that spare bedroom. Haha. Tell Ann I say hi and have so much fun at all your spouse socials coming up! I'm sure I'll be talking to you soon. Your package goes out today so keep an eye out for it! Love you!
Post a Comment