Feelin' crafty.

- - - - Friday, August 28, 2009 - - - -

It's Friday and another good week has just flown by again. On Wednesday night, while all the guys were studying hard for another huge test (which by the way Jake only missed one on! WOO!), a few of us girls decided to get together and have a chick flick movie night. Well, somehow that also turned into a craft night as everyone just decided to bring over little projects they had been working on. Since Wednesday I have been inspired and have been feeling very crafty! Suddenly, I have all these ideas of things I want to do like make my own fall wreath to hang on the door, make a scrapbook of Bailey, make some cute cards and send them out just for fun, work on decorating the guest bedroom with some fun frame collage ideas I have, and the list goes on and on. I'm suddenly very interested in HGTVs website and all the crafty ideas they have on there. Hopefully I will put this motivation to good use and be productive over the weekend.

On a completely different note, I dyed my own hair yesterday! Don't worry, nothing drastic, just keeping myself blonde. Although I have always gone to the salon to get highlights done so this was something totally new to me. Its just that I was way past due to get my hair colored again and was not feeling great about spending the $80-$100 to do so. I just went to Walgreens, picked up some generic blonde hair dye (with highlights already in it apparently) and gave it a try. I did pretty good on matching the dye to my hair color except it did turn out a little more "strawberry blonde" than "champagne blonde" like I usually have it, but I really like it! It made me think, "Why have I been paying so much money when I can stay blonde for 7.99?" The best part is that no one really noticed, so it must look very much like my usual color. I guess I will have to see how it looks after it fades before I know if its really going to work but as for now, its a great alternative to those high salon prices!
   

1 comments:

Patty said...

sad about your hair salon lady but yeay about saving all the money!! i want to make a fall wreath too!! :-) i was telling randy they have a class this week or next just for that at the craft center :-)

Post a Comment