Congrats to Jake!

- - - - Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - - - -

On Monday Jake passed his final checkride and completed his C-17 training at Altus!! This is such exciting news because it means he's finally coming to California! He did such an awesome job through the whole program and I know he's so happy and ready to get to our new base and finally be out of the AETC training world. Today he drove back to our old base in Mississippi to gather all our things from the storage unit and start preparing to head west. And since I'm not much of a help with moving right now, his dad is flying out to help with the big move - Thank you Tim!!

I can't believe that in just about a week I will have my husband back :) It seems so surreal! These past six months flew by much faster than I ever expected but I am very much missing Jake - It's been 8 weeks since we've seen eachother.. Yikes!

Our next hurdle is to try and get on-base housing at Travis. We've been on the waiting list since last fall but still have 8 people in front of us. I'm really hoping we can get a house before we have to resort to signing a lease off-base. Until then Jake will live in a TLF, Temporary Living Facility, on base and I will come to stay with him as much as I can (Our dogs will still be living in Turlock until we get a house at Travis because the yard at my dad's house is so much nicer than forcing them to live in a hotel room with no outdoor area).

So thats the plan as of now. Yay for big exciting changes!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment